- Friends of Tryon Creek: Works in partnership with Oregon State Parks to maintain its infrastructure and native flora, fauna, and watershed.
- Lake Oswego Sustainability Network: Promotes an economically, ecologically, socially healthy community. Connects people who have a passion for building a bright future for our children so that they may support and inspire each others’ efforts.
- Portland Audubon Society: Protects birds and the places they need using science, advocacy, education and on the ground conservation.
- Center for Sustainable Economy: 26-year old environmental and economics think tank that advances solutions that protect and restore the diversity of life.
- Columbia Land Trust: Conserve and care for land, water, and wildlife.
- Environmental Defense Fund: Preserve the natural systems on which all life depends. We are guided by science and economics to find practical and lasting solutions to the most serious environmental problems.
- Nature Conservancy: Conserving freshwater systems and marine habitats on which all life depends.
- Oregon Wild: Works to protect and restore our wildlands, wildlife and waters as an enduring legacy for future generations.
- OSPIRG: Using time tested tools of investigative research, media, exposes, grassroots organizing, advocacy and litigation to stand up to powerful interests and deliver concrete results, for Oregonians.
- USPIRG: The same on a national level.
- Richard Powers, The Overstory (2018)
- Chandra LeGue, Forest Defense is Climate Defense (2018)
- Danu Forest, Celtic Tree Magic (2017)
- Little, National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees, Western Region
- Chandra LeGue, Oregon’s Ancient Forests: A Hiking Guide (2019)
- Pope Francis, Laudato Si (2015)
- Eileen Stark, Real Gardens Grow Natives (2014)
- Paul Bonine & Amy Campion, Gardening in the Pacific Northwest (2017)
- Mary Reynolds, The Garden Awakening (2016)
- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax (1971)
- Shel Silverstein, The Giving Tree (1964)
- Gleb Raydorodetsky, The Archipelago of Hope (2017)
- Ngaio Hotte, et al, “The Social and Economic Values of Canada’s Urban Forests: A National Synthesis” (April 16, 2015)
- Sean McMinn, National Public Radio, “Trees Are Key to Fighting Urban Heat – But Cities Keep Losing Them” (All Things Considered, September 4, 2019) https://www.npr.org/2019/09/04/755349748/trees-are-key-to-fighting-urban-heat-but-cities-keep-losing-them
- Climate Central: The Power of Trees – Statistics, selectable by city
- TALKING TREES – An Urban Forestry Toolkit for Local Governments
- OREGON WILD: FOREST DEFENSE IS CLIMATE DEFENSE Connecting Forests, Carbon and Climate Change